The choice of fleet monitoring systems wholly depends on the specific operations of the certain company. First of all, it is crucial to realize which fleet performance parameters are required to be monitored by the managers.
For the heavy-duty vehicle fleet managers the most important is to monitor fuel consumption, its refueling/defueling as well as vehicle working/idling time. Companies-carriers would more probably focus on mileage monitoring and route tracking.
Based on its 15 years of field experience, EcoTelematics has created the list of the most necessary requirements for the fleet monitoring systems to be effective:
• High protection of mechanical damages and water resistance of the equipment;
• Its resistance to different temperature and vibrating effects;
• Accuracy of the system's data;
• Easy-to-use software that provides required information in a clear for further analysis format;
• Availability of system's customization according to the customer specific needs.
To make a qualitative selection of the fleet monitoring system it is important to investigate the company that offers such systems. You may use the following questions as a guidance to your best choice:
• How long time does the company operate at the market?
• Is the company able to provide positive references from its customers?
• Is the company both developer of the software and the hardware?
• Is the company able to customize its software to specific customer needs? Are there any examples of such customization available?
• What is the warranty period provided by the company?
• Does the company have the subscriber service support and the hot line?
• Does the company provide its customers with training?
• Does the company have an experience in the implementation of the fleet monitoring systems in the business fields similar to yours?
• Are there any hidden costs choosing the product and starting the project with the company?
Professional fleet management and monitoring systems, competent implementation and reliable service support are worth of your investments, because they bring profit and offer quick returns.
Fleet management and monitoring systems of EcoTelematics have very high customer evaluation rates all around the world. EcoTelematics will be happy to provide you with any kind of advices regarding the choice of fleet management and monitoring systems.
Responding to the current trend of growing demand on route tracking, EcoTelematics has developed and introduced the new Route Tracking Module.
There are four main advantages of the module:
- It is straightforward and easy-to-use.
- It has flexible settings and configurations (set one or several trucks to one route, or set several routes for certain truck)
- It alarms automatically if the vehicle does not follow the preset route.
- It checks the time arrived to the point according to the preset schedule, and alarms automatically if there is a delay/advance.
The Route Tracking Module is very useful and critical for the companies involved in the product distribution process.
For further information, please, contact us:
EcoTelematics Group Oy
Tel. +358 9 4247 3699